May 3, 2012
Are you a GoodReads member? If you are, we have good news for you. We've created a Book Link from GoodReads to FictionDB. Now when you're on GoodReads, you can quickly jump to the same book on FictionDB.
You'll have to add FictionDB to your Book Links. This takes a few steps, so here are the directions:
1. Click on "Edit Profile" from the dropdown next to your little picture in the upper right corner of the screen
2. Click on the Book Links tab
3. Now you will see all the Book Links that are available on the right and the ones you have chosen on the left
4. Click on "add a new link" at the top right side of the screen
5. Copy and paste the following information for each field
- link name: FictionDB
- ISBN search url: http://www.fictiondb.com/author/bookgr.php?isbn=#ISBN#
- ISBN13 search url: http://www.fictiondb.com/author/bookgr.php?isbn=#ISBN13#
- title search url: http://www.fictiondb.com/author/bookgr.php?title=#TITLE#
6. Click on the "test link" button for each type. A snapshot of FictionDB will pop up
7. Click on "create book link" at the bottom of the page when you're done testing
8. FictionDB will now appear on your Book Links tab on the left side of the page
9. You can click the little arrows to move items up or down on your list
It does seem like a lot of work, but now you'll be linked!!
I've been using it to quickly add books to my wishlist. I only rate books at goodreads, but I keep track of all my wishlist books on FictionDB, of course. So if I see a book that I want to read, with one click I'm back to FictionDB where I can add it to my wishlist. Hopefully, you'll find the Book Link helpful, too.
While you're over there, why don't you add me as friend?
Kelly on GoodReads