June 10, 2012
As you may have noticed, we've freshened up FictionDB's look. It's hard to believe, but it's been several years since the last "freshening". Don't worry, none of the functionality has changed -- we've just made the site a little more flexible.
A few of the highlights
1) A streamlined header bar that always stays at the top of the page, no matter how far you scroll down.
2) The width of the site display changes based on the size of your screen. For fun, make it really small. It practically becomes a mobile app!
3) A softening of the colors.
4) New edit buttons when you are logged in to your account. You can now edit your books directly from your book lists in the "my books" area. Subscribers can edit their books from any page on the site.
5) We've removed the dropdown selection for the search box. Our new "typeahead" search should find exactly what you're looking for. I know some of you will be upset by this, but you can always visit the advanced search page.
6) The member quick links have been combined in the Member button in the top right corner of the screen.
Hopefully you'll find these changes useful. The reason behind all this change is really the behind-the-scenes code. We've adopted the fabulous new Twitter Bootstrap platform -- it makes changes to the site really simple.
Let us know if you notice anything that isn't working properly. We'll get it fixed right away.