Admit it, you’ve got a problem. We all do. That’s why we’re here, isn’t it? To feed the addiction? Get a fix? I know, my friends, and I understand. I, too, am a book junkie. I embrace it fully and announce it proudly, as we all should. I realize that some of you may be hesitant to accept the moniker of “junkie”. Some of you may prefer the milder, gentler term of “reader”. So, I’ve devised a little test for you called “You Might Be a Book Junkie If…" You Might Be a Book Junkie If…
- You’ve ever left the house with your book, but not your wallet.
- You’d rather read than watch TV – even “Dancing with the Stars”.
- You have read for more than four hours straight and didn’t feel guilty about it.
- You look forward to long waits at the DMV and doctor’s office because it gives you uninterrupted reading time.
- You’ve ever told yourself “just one more chapter before I start dinner” and ending up having to go out to dinner because it got too late to cook.
- You remember the details of how your favorite hero and heroine met, but not you and your husband/boyfriend.
- You find the last page of a book both satisfying and melancholy.
- It is a sad day when you get to the end of series and realize that now you will have to wait (gasp!) for the next book to be published.
- You actually KNOW the publication date of the next book by a favored author.
- You have shot someone the Evil Eye or snapped at your children because they had the nerve to interrupt you during the climax of your book.
Post a Comment